Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Moment in Time.....

Recently, I had an excited employee come up to me and ask me if I had heard the story of a dream a fellow worker had just a week or so ago. I had not heard the story and so I asked what it was.... Instead of him relating the story second hand, he paged the employee and this young man came to me and told me directly what had happened to him. I know I will not be able to relay the dream word for word, but I will do the best I can.

His Dream

While sleeping last week, I had a very vivid dream. In this dream I realized that I could not move because two strong hands were holding my wrists tightly from each side of my body. It was as I struggled to try to move that I realized that a creature was running back and forth in front of me so fast, that I was having a hard time seeing just what or who it was. As it passed in front of me, it yelled in a loud voice, "Serve Me!". It was frightening to see and hear and feel what was happening. All of a sudden, the creature stopped right in front of my face and I realized that this must be the Devil. He laughed and yelled once more, "Serve Me".  I said to him, NO. I Will Never Serve YOU. Once again he laughed at me and  began once again running back and forth in front of me. I immediately began to pray to God, asking for his protection and help. Once again the Devil stopped and said, "Serve Me".  I refused to say anything other than the fact that I would never serve him for I am a child of the one true God.  I continued to pray and the Devil said, "Isn't it funny that you call upon God for help now, but all this time you have been happy to serve me in your life until you have come face to face with me and realize that you have really been serving me all along. You serve in a church that is corrupted and serves me and not God." He said, "now you know the truth and you call on God to save you ....  Serve Me." I said once more, "NO. I rebuke you, leave me for I am a child of God and I only serve the One True God,"  The Devil went back to running back and forth and yelling in an even louder and more frightening voice, Serve Me....then he disappeared. Only at that point I could sit up and I got out of bed and went into the other room and told my Father what had happened. As we talked, we noticed that my wrists were red as if they had been squeezed by the grip of some strong hands. We prayed together and stayed up the rest of the night............








This was an eye opening revelation I had heard from this young man. Wow! What a dream! That story along with what had happened in Japan and what is happening in the Middle East just struck me as overwhelming. I think that is why I stated in a prior post that I am going through disaster fatigue. So, I went looking for something of beauty that would give me a boost of spirit. I found it in the work of our Creator. It fell on my eyes and ears in a discussion of Fractals. Fractals are the mathematical structure of everything. It is the building design of life and nature. It is a guidepost to show us all that there is a greater power that exists.

There will always be bad things in this world happening. The patterns and cycles of life always goes on. We tend to seize the bad things too often and keep them in our minds far too long. I am guilty of that. I need to find the beauty in life more often. I think that when we stopped being a part of the natural world, we might have lost that ability to see the beauty all around us.  What we need to do is stop leaning towards the darkness and evil in the world and start embracing the beauty in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment