Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This Little Light of Mine...I'm Going to Let it Shine

We are going to a wedding this Saturday. I always look forward to weddings. You see, if you are an old married couple like Angela and I, it is rather like a chance to renew our vows quietly in our hearts as the wedding couple make their vows. It is a beautiful event to witness. Best wishes are always in order.  But, I have to add, best intentions are also sent out from every heart in attendance. It is those intentions that seem to flow forth in love, embracing the couple and the family and the wedding guests.

I was meditating for a short while tonight. I had gone to a group meditation site on the Internet and found myself clearing the mind and letting whatever was to be, come forth. I found myself enveloped in a field of light. It swirled like a living field of energy all around me. It felt very nice. I did not intend for that to happen but it did. I needed that light. I needed a recharge so that I can give a bit away this weekend.

The news has been rough this week. I confess that I have dwelled on the news far too much this week. I guess my Wife sensed that remotely, because tonight she called and gave me "the lecture". I needed the lecture. I have let the darkness and anxiety and fear creep in too much lately and I really needed the light to come in and drive out all the negatives.  That brought to mind a discussion I heard recently in regards to a gift given to a seeker by a very powerful Shaman in Hawaii. It was a simple small wooden bowl. It was accepted by the Seeker with a question...."What is this?" The Shaman said that it was his "Bowl of Light". What a wonderful concept. But, there was more. He warned that the bowl could get filled with rocks that would crowd out the light...they were like the worries and woes of life. Then, the revelation that made my heart leap was expressed by the Shaman...."if you get too many rocks in your bowl, just flip it over and pour them out."

So, here is my deepest wish to the newly weds yet to be...

May your bowl of light always shine brightly...let the three elements of light always be with you.... and if there are rocks, just flip it over and pour them out. Blessings to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment