Saturday, May 28, 2011

Are Blogs Supposed to be Interesting?

I am off for 3 days. I can't sleep the entire 3 days, so, I guess I will get going and do something meaningful. I think I will eat lunch. That sounds like a good idea. I do not need to mow the yard. I do need to wash the truck, but that will be a waste of water in this drought. The dogs are sleeping soundly. I did not sleep so soundly last night. I rather think I did not sleep at all. I may have to take a nap this afternoon.

All that aside, I am going to get up and take a shower. I have been awake  and out of bed since 5AM and I need another cup of coffee. I need to drop something in the mail, so I am going to get cleaned up and go to the post office. Man, this sounds like a boring day.

I was reading a report about a spreading bacterial infection in fish and crustaceans in the Gulf of Mexico. It is probably due to something in the water and on the bottom of the Gulf. Thank goodness it stretches from Louisiana, eastward towards Florida. Some reports are stating that some sick fish are showing up west of the Mississippi delta. That was a bit disturbing to read. The experts say to cook the fish well and you probably will not have to worry about the contamination. That is encouraging to read. I am glad I am a vegetarian.

On another subject, I could not help but notice this morning that the Wrens are nesting in our yard. They were gathering up nesting materials out of my rain gutter. I wish they would build a Wren hotel and clean all that stuff out of the gutters. The Sparrows have been checking out our front porch. They were especially interested in a hanging  basket in the corner. I just have to remember that when I hear a tapping at my window in my office, it probably is a bird checking out the glass.

There are several new movies out this week and an assortment of others showing at various theaters around town. I want to see the documentary at the Arbor Regal Cinema about the caves in France that were painted a few thousand years ago. Cave of Forgotten Dreams is the name of the movie. Also, for a lame brain entertainment venture, there is Hangover II.  I cannot decide which to go see.

Ho Hum.... Angela is off at a workshop and I am here with the two mutts. All they want to do is sleep. The ether they are exuding is overwhelming. I feel like passing out right now and napping right here at this keyboard. Got to go take a cold shower and wake up......

I wish I had something interesting to tell you all. I believe my life has reverted to nothing exciting. I used to move among the movers and shakers of Texas .... in the backgrounds. Those were heady days. I knew people and things. I suspected things that could have put me in a difficult position. Nothing like that these days. All those old skeletons are dead now. They were willing to get out there and take the chances. I was not willing to do that. I preferred to sit back and watch. I was the speck on the wall. And, who knows, what I suspected probably was just fiction anyway.... except, they all are dead now.  I don't even remember the dots to connect any longer. It does not matter anyway. That is old news of a different era.

Well, I am off to the races. See you all on the flippa....

No comments:

Post a Comment