Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fear Not For I Am...

Perhaps this has been one of the most inspiring weekends of my life. I almost do not know where to start. So, let me start at the beginning. Wunjo, Berkana, Raidho... the path. Nothing happens in life that is not meant to be. No event is carried out without a meaning, a lesson, an action. This was to have been, according to a cult, the Judgement Day weekend. It was the day that those who have been chosen by God, were to be taken in the Rapture to Heaven. I do not watch television, so I am not sure it happened. What I do know is that the Austin Police Department had a SWAT action carried out against someone in an apartment near the old Highland Mall. It was complete with a cordoned off area, guns drawn, teargas and concussion grenades, an armored car, and lots of yelling...."come out with your hands up!" For who ever was in that apartment, it was the Judgement Day and they were probably taken,  but not to Heaven, unless they died in the raid.

In the mean time, I was being told something I needed to hear. Wunjo, Bernana (reversed) and Raidho. My life can be a bit surreal at times. I seek a spiritual path and it is disturbed by the detonation of a grenade and the yelling of the Police. All this leaves me walking calmly away from the confusion with my Wife, hand in hand out the back door. After all, it was not me "they" were coming for. As we drove away, we forgot the Police and their world of  breaking down doors and dragging people out of their homes. We did not consider the world of that criminal. You see, you create your own world. You create your destiny. You walk your own path, and ours did not include any of that confusion and violence. 


Then, today for the lack of something better to spend some time doing, I rested on the couch and watch The DaVinci Code. Once again, a story of violence and yelling and guns and death and going to Heaven. A fiction of sorts, I suppose. Yet, this time, I was touched by something. It was not the story, it was the feeling it left inside of me.  So many paths leading to just one source. Like arrows or swords radiating outward from a single point, we point in a direction and go off into our world of experiences.  All the while traveling onward, never looking backward, until we get old. Then, we stop and think of where we have been and all we have seen and heard and tasted and done. We reflect. And, as we turn in our thoughts backwards to see where we have come, there we see it. The single point, way back down the path. You look around and you see so many others doing the same thing. Some never turn. Some look off into a different direction. Some are blind and can not see at all. Some already are stumbling backwards to the beginning of their journey. What do you see? If you look very hard through the distance of time and space, into the great void you perceive, perhaps just past the point you think you started on your journey, you will see a something that will raise your spirits. You might see many standing as if before a great dark pool of calm water. Many gods and many saints. Many souls trembling at the discovery of what they see there in that great darkness. It is a vision. It is a defined reflection. Each bends and looks and sees a face in the depths of the water from which all have come. Each face seems to melt into one and it is that One which is divine. 


From the many comes one. And, to the One comes the many. This weekend has made me happy. I have had plenty of time to reflect (in more than one way).  I feel satisfied of what I have experienced and I look forward (or perhaps backward) to what is yet to come. They stories are like the grains of sand in the entire Universe. They all vibrate with an energy of creation. And, in that great vibration of energy we know as life, if you listen carefully, you will hear a soft whisper echoing across the great expanse... I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment