Monday, February 28, 2011

News from the Edge | Secrets Beneath a Lake | unknowncountry

News from the Edge | Secrets Beneath a Lake | unknowncountry

Wow! Wouldn't it be fantastic to unleash some ancient sea creature on the world, frozen in time, from this ancient lake. I rather doubt that anything is still alive bigger than a bacterium. Science is interesting but frightening too at times. I know that we have things in our freezer that I am not sure what to do with. We shall see.

An update: Last night I decided to go through the refrigerator. Now, we don't tend to eat as much processed foods as we once did. My Wife is a strict vegetarian and I guess I am some sort of modified vegetarian. Anyway, I found all kinds of stuff in there that I don't remember putting in the fridge and the freezer. I found a once fresh jar of carrot juice that had been shoved to the back and forgotten. That was pretty gross. But, I have to say, for the most part, everything else was pretty good. I did find some wilted cilantro and some dates that may be past their sale by date. There is lots of jelly in there. Where does all that jelly come from? There is a gallon of apple juice in there that I am not sure I want to try. That will have to go to the compost pile. Yep, take that sort of stuff and pour it on your compost pile. That just adds nutrients to the rotting stuff.

I found some Salmon fillets. Now, they were suppose to be consumed by the dogs way back when. They have been frozen for a while and I am not going to cook it for the dogs. I think they deserve not to be exposed to some old fish. And, the most found item in the freezer besides ice was coffee. I must have gone sleep shopping. I bet we have 20 pounds of coffee beans in the freezer. I love coffee but not that much. If everything goes south, at least I have coffee.
The Coffee in the Freezer


Well, I hear my lovely Wife approaching. I am going to take her out to eat since I cleaned out the fridge and the cupboard is bare. Catch you on the flip side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment